- 2017 Nationals McCrae McCrae Yacht Club will host our 2017 Nationals from Sat 31st Dec 2016 until Fri 6th Jan 2017. We will combine our welcome function with the club’s NYE celebrations and fire works.
- Qld States finalise season Congratulations to Matt Homan who followed up his 2nd in the NSW states to win the Qld States from 21 entrants on Lake Cootharaba over Easter.
Thank you to all the intrepid sailors who travelled to all of our regattas this year to continue to fly the A class banner and show a number of other ...
- VIC and NSW Titles Held now for QLD The Vic Titles were held over the Labour Day weekend at Elwood SC. Lack of wind on Saturday and Sunday delayed the starting times, but the Racing committee managed to get all races run using the 2 lap option.
Congratulations to Steve Brewin (defending champion) who won over Dave Brewer by a point. Great turn up from ...
- 2016 Darwin Multihull Regatta 2016 DARWIN MULTIHULL REGATTA
Incorporating the International Tornado Class 2016 Australian Championship
and the 2016 Top of Australia A-Class Titles
Fannie Bay and Darwin Harbour, Darwin, Northern Territory
9th July to 16th July
Notice of Race here: DMR NOR 2016 final
- Round off the Season with the State Championships March is a busy month to round off our successful season and have your last opportunity to get some points over your rivals. We start off with the Lightning weekend (27-28th Feb) at Elwood to hone up your skills the follow up with Vic Champs (12-14th Mar) again at Elwood. Then we travel North to ...
- NoR: GILL A Class Lightning Championship 27-28 February – Elwood SC Elwood Sailing Club is hosting the A Class Lightning Championship for International A Class Catamarans on 27th and 28th of February 2016. There will be three races on each day, back to back with a target time of 40mins per race.
Download and print :
Notice of Race
Sailing Instructions (pending)
Entry Form 2016
Boats can be stored at the ...
- NoR: GILL 2016 Victorian International A-Division Catamaran Championships NoR AIADCA Vic States 2016 v2
Elwood Sailing Club
Saturday March 12th 2016 – Monday 14th March 2016
The Australian International A-Division Catamaran Association Inc (AIADCA), in conjunction with Elwood Sailing Club invite entries from A-Division Catamaran Sailors to compete in the GILL 2016 Victorian International A-Division Catamaran Championships.
- AIADCA 2016 AGM Minutes & President’s Report AIADCA 2016 AGM Minutes
2016 Presidents Report
- 2016 Nationals Photos courtesy of Beau Otteridge Check out the photos on Beaus facebook page.
- 2016 Nationals all over Stevie wins 4th crown After waiting until 2:30 to get some wind (after a week of too much wind) the race committee got the 7th heat away. In 6-10 knots we were given a display of just how fast the foilers can go with Darren Bundock winning the final heat by nearly a leg. Great fun watching these speed ...
- 2016 HARKEN Nationals Update Thurs 7th Jan 3 races today in building breezes. First 2 races 2 laps in 15-18knots, 3rd race a 3 lapper in marginal 20+knots which saw many swimmers. Steve Brewin now has a 10 point lead with 4 first and 2 seconds. Obviously enjoying his home waters. Mixed day of swims for Bundock and Outteridge.
- Results: 2016 Harken A Class Catamaran Australian Championships Results here (from Sunday 03.01.2106):
- 2016 AUSTRALIAN INTERNATIONAL A CLASS CATAMARAN CHAMPIONSHIP Republished from http://www.a-cat.org
Two America’s Cup stars set to race in a strong A-Class fleet in NSW. Bob Griffiths reports
2016 AUSTRALIAN INTERNATIONAL A CLASS CATAMARAN CHAMPIONSHIP.
The International A Class Catamaran Australian Championship will once again return and be sailed on the waters of Lake Macquarie.
The event was last held on the lake in 2012, and proved ...
- A Class Cascading Mainsheet System Ref attached, with thanks to Grant Pellew, and Harken, our 2016 Nationals sponsor.
A CLASS—2015 CASCADE MAINSHEET SYSTEM
- 2015/16 Victorian A Class Travelers series
The 2015/16 Victorian A Class Travelers series is on!
Enjoy traveling and socializing as well as enjoy sailing at four of the top A Class venues in Victoria, then get your rig down to this event.
Bendigo Ice Breaker Regatta September 19th & 20th. More info http://www.bendigo.yachting.org.au/
Victorian Catamaran Championships, McCrae Y.C: November 28th & 29th. More info: http://www.mccraeyc.com.au/
Elwood SC Lightning Regatta ...
- NOR – Harken 2016 A Class Catamaran Australian Championships NoR & Entry Form
Australian International A-Division Catamaran Association Inc.(AIADCA)
Harken 2016 A Class Catamaran Australian Championships
South Lake Macquarie Amateur Sailing Club
Saturday January 2nd 2016 – Friday January 8th 2016
Australian International A-Division Catamaran Association Inc (AIADCA), in conjunction with South Lake Macquarie Amateur Sailing Club Inc. invite entries from A-Division Catamaran Sailors to compete in ...
- 2015 Victorian Catamaran Championship The 2015 Victorian Catamaran Championship will be held at McCrae Yacht Club on Port Phillip Bay on 28th & 29th November.
Notice of Race to follow soon at http://www.mccraeyc.com.au
- Sail Sandy Regatta 17–18th October 2015 We are looking at the majority of Elwood “A’s” attending the Sail Sandy regatta.
It is being held over the weekend 17-18 October with 8 races scheduled.
There is a discounted entry fee for earlybirds before 08/10/2015
NoR on Sandringham Yacht Club website http://www.syc.com.au/regattas/sail-sandy-2015
- 2016 Nationals The 2016 Nationals will be held at South Lake Macquarie Amateur Sailing Club, Sunshine, NSW from 2-9th January 2016. NOR coming soon.
- Zhik Australian Winter A Class Regatta – report from Bob Griffits The Australian Winter A Class Regatta was hosted by the Wangi Amateur Sailing Club, last weekend, on the waters of Lake Macquarie. Wangi is the home club of Olympic Gold Medallist, America’s Cup helmsman and A Cat sailor, Nathan Outteridge.
Fourteen 14 A Cats from New South Wales and Victoria contested the event, a good fleet, ...
- Zhik Winter Regatta at Wangi The Zhik Winter Regatta is on again at Wangi. Racing will be on the Sat & Sun of the June long weekend (6th & 7th)
Invited classes are:
A Class Cats
49ers & FX
Entries taken on the day at Wangi ...
- NOR – Elwood Sailing Club Inc. Winter Season 2015 16th May, 30th May, 13th June, 18th July, 1st Aug,
15th Aug, 29th Aug, 12th Sept.
Club races for the winter season will be held from May 2015 to September 2015 inclusive, as set out
in the Sailing Program herewith. The organizing authority is the Elwood Sailing Club Incorporated.
- 2015 State Championships – Season Wrap up and Results Easter saw the last of our State championships run with the Qld titles. Report from John Dowling attached.
This year we have seen the foilers mastered by Brad and Stevie and a few others. The rest are still coming to grips with their new toys. The C boarders have shown that sailed well they are ...
- 2015 AGM Minutes 2015 AGM Minutes
- QLD 2015 State Championships NOR QLD 2015 State Championships NOR
- VIC 2015 State Championships NOR VIC 2015 State Championships NOR
- NSW 2015 State Championships CHANGE OF DATES NOR There has been a change of dates to the 21-22 March 2015. See NOR attached.
- 2015 Nationals The Nationals have started today with 2 Invitation Races. Not surprisingly the ones to beat are Brewin, Collett, Brayshaw, Beattie, Brewer, Parker.
Full results posted on lcsc.org.au.
- 2015 Nationals AGM Agenda AIADCA Annual General Meeting
Tuesday 6th January 2015
Lake Cootharaba Sailing Club
Time 4 pm
Minute of previous meeting
State Reps Reports & State Championship dates
Future Australian Championships (2016, 2017)
IACA & ISAF Report
Worlds 2015 (Punta Ala, Italy) – Expressions of interest & Qualification
Worlds 2018/2019 Australia – venue & date discussion
Election of Executive
- Elwood SC A Class Lightning Regatta 2015 Elwood SC A Class Lightning Regatta 2015
21st and 22nd of February
More informaiton to follow