- MUSTO Victorian Championships & Victorian Presidents Cup Results 2014
Congratulations to Adam Beattie for taking out his first Victorian Championship, beating the current title holder, Steve Brayshaw.
Racing was reduced to 7 heats of 2 laps each in order to get the series in due to adverse weather conditions.
Saturday saw a 12 knot breeze gradually die out to 2 knots during the 4th race. Brayshaw ...
- Notice of Race – 2013-2014 NEW SOUTH WALES A Class Championships Kurnell Catamaran Club
November 16th & 17th 2013
Kurnell Cat Club and the AIADCA as the organising authorities, invite entries to compete in the 2013-2014 New South Wales A Class Championship to be conducted by Kurnell Cat Club.
For complete details of the event and entry form please Click Here
Event ENTRY FORM
- Notice of Race – 2013 McCrae Catamaran Championship Incorporating the 2013 Yachting Victoria Catamaran Championships
McCrae Yacht Club
Saturday November 9th – Sunday November 10th 2013
Click the following link to read the Poster for this event
For complete details of the event and entry form please Click Here
Event ENTRY FORM
- Notice of Race – 2014 Australian A Class Championships 2014 Australian A Class Championships
St. Leonards Yacht Club and Motor Squadron
Saturday December 28th 2013 – Friday January 3rd 2014
Australian International A-Division Catamaran Association Inc (AIADCA), in conjunction with St. Leonards Yacht Club and Motor Squadron Inc. invite entries from A-Division Catamaran Sailors to compete in the 2014 Australian International A-Division Catamaran ...
- Notice of Race “MUSTO 2014 Victorian A Class Championships” Elwood Sailing Club
2nd – 4th November 2013
Elwood Sailing Club and the AIADCA as the organising authority, invite entries from
Australian International A Division Catamaran Association to compete in the 2013-2014
Victorian A Class Championships to be conducted by Elwood Sailing Club.
Marine Clothing and Apparel company MUSTO have agreed to sponsor the class for the
Victorian Championships and will ...
- Ready for a Big “Summer of A Class” Now is time to think of the program for this coming summer.
The Victorian Titles will be held over the Melbourne Cup Long Weekend in November 2-4 2013. Elwood Y.C. will host this event.
The Nationals will be held at St. Leonards, Victoria from Dec 28th 2013 to Jan 3rd 2014.
The 2014 Worlds will be held in Auckland N.Z. ...
- 2013 Darwin Nationals all wrapped up Congratulations to Jack Benson who returned home from Europe in time for the first race (although tired and weary).
The racing went down to the 12th race before Jack finally won from Dave Brewer on a count back with 5 wins to 4. Other heat winners were Wayne Mercer, Dave Parker and Graeme Parker. The racing ...
- WRAP UP 2013 EUROPEAN CHAMPIOSHIPS FINAL SUMMARY, 2013 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP.
Steven Brewin sailed an outstanding series to clearly win the 2013 European Championships for A Class Catamarans in Barcelona. The Championship was his at the end of race 8, after 4 days of racing. He was able to sit out the ninth race on the final day, whilst several others fought ...
- THIRD DAY, EUROPEANS THIRD DAY, EUROPEANS.
Six of the proposed nine races have now been completed, and the signs are good that we will be able to have a complete series, which would mean two throw out races.
Day three was a day of changing fortunes for many, as the lighter winds (5 to 8 knots) blew no good for ...
- DAY 2 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS SECOND DAY 2103 EUROPEANS.
The second day of racing was held under beautiful sunny skies, with an
8 to 12 knot southeast wind. Once again, the seaway was someone
Multiple start attempts, which invariably feature the black flag, have become standard procedure at this regatta.
The form guide is starting to tighten after races with Steve Brewin leading the ...
- DAY 1 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS DAY 1 RACING, EUROPEAN A CLASS CATAMARAN CHAMPIONSHIPS.
The first two races were successfully completed yesterday, in the waters off Barcelona, Spain.
Racing commenced under grey skies, which later cleared to a beautiful sunny day, with wind settling in at about 12 to 15 knots. A current from the north, which combined to kick up a rather ...
- NOR/ENTRY WANGI JUNE REGATTA
Zhik Winter Regatta
8th & 9th of June 2013
The Wangi Club will host its annual Winter Regatta on the Saturday & Sunday of the June Long Weekend, proudly sponsored once again by Zhik.
Seven races will be held over the 2 days for the following invited classes:
OKs Moths Contenders
29ers Tasars A Class Cats
Entries will be taken at ...
- Darwin Social Program Attached is the weekly activities for Darwin Nationals. As you can see there will be plenty of parties. Still time to get there. Contact Storm if you want help with transporting.2013 A Class Nationals Week OverivewV3
- AUSTRALIAN A CLASS CAT WINTER PLANS AUSTRALIAN A CLASS CAT WINTER PLANS.
With the sun bidding adieu to the Southern Hemisphere, and relentlessly making its way north to somewhere around the Tropic of Cancer, you would normally expect the Australian A Class fleet to be in some form of catatonic hibernation .
But for 2013, the normal sleepy winter down time will ...
- WANGI WINTER WONDERLAND FOR A CATS Hullo Sailor,
Once again, the Wangi Wangi Amateur Sailing Club will once again be holding its winter regatta for invited classes over the June Queens Birthday long weekend . Multiple races will be held on Saturday 8th ...
- 2013 Nationals NOR – Darwin NoR AIADCA Nats 2013 Final
- Willy wins Qlds State Titles Congratulations to Willy who finally got the boat out of the shed and went North for the final championships before the Darwin Nationals in July.
2013 Queensland A Class Catamaran championships March 29-31
Easter Friday at Lake Cootharaba SC was this year’s opening day & venue for the QLD state champs. 22 entrants from Sydney & Grafton ...
- Brewer gets revenge in NSW Congratulations to Dave Brewer who won the NSW Titles on a count back from Scott Anderson. Only 5 races were sailed (all on Saturday afternoon) after the fleet waited all morning for the wind to come in. This steadily built during the day and thenincreased over the limit Saturday night and continued all day Sunday,
- Results: 2013 Victorian Championships 2013 Vic States Results
The 2013 Victorian A Class Championships were held over the Vic Labour Day weekend at St Leonards Yacht Club & Motor Squadron. 31 boats competed, with Steve Brayshaw overall winner, followed by Stuart Scott (also 1st Master), and Graeme Parker (1st Grand Master), all 3 skippers sailing DNAs. John Richards was 1st ...
- Steve Brayshaw wins Vic State Titles
Congratulations to Steve Brayshaw who sailed a very consistent regatta to win the Victorian State Championships with 16 points from Stuart Scott (22 points) and Graeme Parker (23.5 points) in third place. After a stella start on Saturday with 3 bullets, Dave Brewer faulted to a fourth overall with 24 points.
31 boats from Vic, SA, ...
- NOR – QLD State Championships 2013 LCSC NOR A Class Qld States 2013
- 2013 Qld Titles – Lake Cootharaba 29th March – 1st April Add this date to the State title program. Two weeks after NSW titles. NOR to follow.
- 2013 NSW States – Tanilba Bay 16th-17th March NOR for NSW State Titles. Event will be run in company with Taipan Association. Taipan State 2013 NOR Tanilba Bay
- NEW A-Class: arrow MK² We are proud to invite you to visit our new website for the arrow MK².
Orders can be placed now and there are a couple of slots left to get your new arrow MK² ready for the European Championship at Barcelona.
The package includes:
carbon wet-preg honeycomb hulls (stiffer, stronger and more durable than foam sandwich)
hull colour of ...
- Notice of Race: 2013 Victorian A Class Championships Notice of Race 2013 Victorian A Class Championships
St Leonards Yacht Club
March 9th-11th 2013
Notice of Race with Entry Form here: NoR AIADCA Vic States 2013 FINAL
- Steve Brayshaw wins Gosford Regatta Congratulations to Steve Brayshaw for winning the first regatta for 2013. From all accounts the venue was very good, the winds favourable and the nineteen sailors who attended all enjoyed a friendly club and their facilities.
Results attached.A Class GSC 2013 Regatta -Scratch
A Class GSC 2013 Regatta -Handicap
- Wrap up 2012 World Titles WRAP UP 2012 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.
The 2012 A Class Catamaran World Champion is Mischa Heemskerk from the Netherlands. Whilst only 5 races could be sailed as conditions steadily deteriorated with the impending arrival of Hurricane Sandy, Mischa was clearly dominant in the strong wind conditions.
He was consistently within the top 3 in every races (3,2,2,1,1) to ...
- NATHAN OUTTERIDGE HEADING FOR FLORIDA. The already strong Australian contingent for the 2012 World Title’s in Florida, has been further fortified by the late entry of Nathan Outteridge. Nathan has been heavily involved in catamaran sailing since his gold medal achievement in the 49ner class at the London Olympics, firstly as helmsmen of the Korean AC 45, and more recently, ...
- 2012 WORLD TITLES PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Will Clark, GoFastMedia, wvc6 edu , +1 401-714-4192
A-Class Fleet to do Battle in Florida Keys at 2012 Ronstan A-Class Catamaran World Championships
Islamorada, FL (October 5, 2012) – Last year Australia’s Steve Brewin won his second A-Class Catamaran world title, besting a field of 96 competitors to secure ...
- Queensland Traveller Series – Humpybong Bash
Humpybash – HYC 15/16th Sept 2012
Leon Mc Neill
Full results at
Just trying to remember what happened on Saturday of the Humpybash at Humpybong Yacht Club……been a long weekend ...