- VALE – KERRY HOLMES The Australian A Class family lost one of it’s pioneers in the last few days. Kerry Holmes was a Queensland A sailor during the 1970’s and early 80’s who mixed it with the best in the country and the world. He won two State Titles and multiple regional regattas before going on to win the ...
- Aussies Dominate A-Cat Euros Glenn Ashby has won yet another European Championship showing superior speed over the entire fleet. Congratulations Glenn.
Aussies dominated the top of the standings with 1,2,3,5,6.(Glenn, Jason Waterhouse, Steve Brewin, Andrew Landenberger, Scott Anderson). Anderson won the last race followed by Brewin and Landenberger.
Fourth place went to Swiss competitor Sanfro Caviezel who was crowned European Champion.
Results at ...
- Glenn Ashby named YV Male Sailor of the Year Congratulations to Glenn Ashby for picking up another Yachting Victoria Male Sailor of the Year award. Will he add another European championship to his already impressive resume? I’m sure Landy and Stevie will have other ideas and be trying hard to knock him off!
Good luck to all the Aussie sailors at the Euros. Follow the ...
- Elwood Sailing Club – Winter Series 2014 All are welcome to sail. Please refer to Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions for further details. Dates are :
Saturday 10 May
Saturday 21 June
Saturday 5 July
Saturday 19 July
- NOR – 2015 A Class Catamaran Australian Championships NOTICE OF RACE
Australian International A-Division Catamaran Association Inc.(AIADCA)
2015 A Class Catamaran Australian Championships
Lake Cootharaba Sailing Club
Saturday January 3rd 2015 – Friday January 9th 2015
Australian International A-Division Catamaran Association Inc (AIADCA), in conjunction with Lake Cootharaba Sailing Club Inc. invite entries from A-Division Catamaran Sailors to compete in the 2015 Australian International A-Division Catamaran Championships.
- 2015 Nationals Lake Cootharaba Time to get organised for next seasons Nationals to be held at Lake Cootharaba Sailing Club www.lcsc.org.au, Boreen Point, Qld from 3rd to 9th January 2015. Measurement and registration on 3rd, racing 4th to 9th. Book accommodation until the 10th.
Accommodation available at following links:
Boreen Point Real Estate http://bpre.net.au/holiday/
Boreen Point Camping Ground http://www.noosaholidayparks.com.au/boreen-point
Noosa Caravan Park http://www.noosacaravanpark.com.au/
Bougainvillia Caravan Park http://noosa-bougainvillia-holiday-park.qld.big4.com.au/
NOR available ...
- 2014 A-Class QLD State Championships Humpybong Yacht Club (HYC) hosted this year’s A-Class QLD State Championships in conjunction with Yachting Queensland (YQ) SAIL BRISBANE Regatta over Easter 2014.
Beautiful sunshine but light weather was typical of all three days and for those that could get their rigs working in 4-6 knots did well.
Matthew Johnson and the HYC race management team did ...
- NOR – Queensland State Titles Sail Brisbane
Humpybong Yacht Club
Good Friday 18th April – Easter Sunday 20th April 2014
AIADCA 2014 Queensland Championship
NACRA 2014 Queensland Championship
Cobra 2014 Queensland Championship
Humpybong Yacht Club
in conjunction with
Click Here to visit the event NOR Page
- Elwood A Class Open Lightning Championship 2014 Notice of Race: Elwood A Class Open Lightning Championship 2014
Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th April 2014
Notice of Race: http://www.a-cat.org.au/?attachment_id=1441
Entry Form: http://www.a-cat.org.au/?attachment_id=1442
Sailing Instructions: http://www.a-cat.org.au/?attachment_id=1443
Club Website: http://www.elwoodsc.com
- The 2014 World A Class Championships – Day 5 Day 5
Race 9 and Overall Championship results.
The sailors left the beach for an 11am start but due to light winds the race committee delayed the race instructing sailors to return to the beach. After a short while a light sea breeze of 6 knots started to develop, peaking to 10 knots for the final leg ...
- 2014 A Class Championships, Takapuna, NZ. Day 3 – NZ Nationals 8 February
After 2 days cancelled racing, and a long day out on the water, the National series was completed today.
2012 London Olympic silver medalist and 2013 World and European Champion in the Olympic 49er skiff, Peter Burling is the 2014 National A Class Champion. The result was handed to ...
- The 2014 World A Class Championships – Day 4 Day 4 A Class Catamaran World Championships – A’s Away with the Birds!
Wind conditions were about 10 knots for both races. Many of the sailors were forced to sail through a couple of thousand, of what were thought to be, Petrels sitting on the course. Glenn Ashby (Aus) had a good day with ...
- The 2014 World A Class Championships – Day 3 Day 3 – 2014 A Class Catamaran World Championships. Carnage, Cartwheels and Chaos!
Wind strength today for both races today was between 18 – 20 knots. The upper limit for A Class racing is 22 knots so it was a day of carnage, cartwheels and chaos! On the Team NZ front: Glenn Ashby (Aus) dominated ...
- The 2014 World A Class Championships – Day 2 Day 2 2014 A Class Worlds – Explosive Action!
Race 3’s wind conditions were 15 to 20 knots. Nathan Outteridge provided explosive entertainment when his ‘Exploder’ cartwheeled on the first down wind leg, resulting in him coming 17th. Results were; 1st Glenn Ashby, 2nd Peter Burling and 3rd Blair Tuke.
Race 4’s wind conditions were 10- ...
- The 2014 World A Class Championships – Day 1 Conditions for the first day of racing in the 2014 A Class Catamaran World Championships were a little on the light side, with around 6- 10 knots of wind.
Overall race results; seven times A Class World champion Glenn Ashby (Aus) had a great day ‘in his office’ with a first and a 2nd and ...
- The 2014 New Zealand National and World A Class Championships The 2014 A Class Catamaran Championships are being hosted by the Takapuna Boating Club, Auckland, New Zealand.
The 2014 New Zealand National and World A Class Championships are guaranteed to be an exciting competition over the next couple of weeks if the conditions are amenable here in warm and laid back Takapuna! The A Class Catamaran ...
- GLENN ASHBY WINS HIS 10TH AUSTRALIAN A CLASS CATAMARAN TITLE. Glenn Ashby extended his overall winning margin in the final race of the
Australian A Class Catamaran Championships, held at the St Leonard’s Yacht
Club , on Port Phillip Bay to secure an outstanding 10th Australian
Championship in the class Race 9 was sailed in a fresh 18 knots of wind.
Ashby placed second, and Brewin who had challenged ...
- Nationals Race 9 Wrap up After holding the sailors on the shore for 3 hours waiting for the wind to build and settle, PRO Ian Johnson went into the starting procedure at 1300 hrs. With Glenn Ashby’s 10th Australian title firmly in the bag the race was on for third place between Brayshaw and Benson. At the first gate Ashby ...
- Nationals Race 8 report Race 8 started at 2 pm with a very pleasant 12-15 knot Southerly which had settled in over lunch. Another clean start which saw a close battle at the first and second gates between Ashby and Brewin. Virtually a dead heat through the second gate which saw Ashby go right to the shore and Brewin ...
- Nationals Race 7 report Race 7 set for 12-14 knots breeze which unfortunately dropped to a variable 7-10 knots during the race which saw some periods as low as 5 knots.
Steve Brewin started about 2.5 minutes late due to issues getting off the shore. This did not impact him however as the adrenalin worked in his favour and took ...
- Ashby Leads 2014 Australian Nationals Glenn Ashby leads Australian International A Class Catamaran National
After an hiatus of two years due his Team New Zealand America’s Cup
commitments, Glenn Ashby has returned to sail in A Class Catamarans. After
six races, he leads the Australian National Championship, by one point, from
Steve Brewin, his perennial sparing partner.
Sailing conditions have been in the light to ...
- Australian Nationals Day 2 Report Day 2 saw another 3 races held. The first race (race 4) of 2 laps was held in 6-8 knots which at times dropped to 4 then the wind swung necessitating a course alteration. Glenn Ashby led for most of the race to record his 3rd win of the series from Chris Cairns, Steve Brewin, Graeme ...
- Australian Nationals Day 1 Report Day 1 started waiting for wind to build. Eventually started race 1 at 1300 after 2 general recalls and a black flag start with 6-8 knots dying during race. Race shortened at second gate. First place Steve Brewin followed by Glenn Ashby, Chris Cairns, John Richards, Jack Benson. A protest has been lodged against Chris ...
- MUSTO Victorian Championships & Victorian Presidents Cup Results 2014
Congratulations to Adam Beattie for taking out his first Victorian Championship, beating the current title holder, Steve Brayshaw.
Racing was reduced to 7 heats of 2 laps each in order to get the series in due to adverse weather conditions.
Saturday saw a 12 knot breeze gradually die out to 2 knots during the 4th race. Brayshaw ...
- Notice of Race – 2013-2014 NEW SOUTH WALES A Class Championships Kurnell Catamaran Club
November 16th & 17th 2013
Kurnell Cat Club and the AIADCA as the organising authorities, invite entries to compete in the 2013-2014 New South Wales A Class Championship to be conducted by Kurnell Cat Club.
For complete details of the event and entry form please Click Here
Event ENTRY FORM
- Notice of Race – 2013 McCrae Catamaran Championship Incorporating the 2013 Yachting Victoria Catamaran Championships
McCrae Yacht Club
Saturday November 9th – Sunday November 10th 2013
Click the following link to read the Poster for this event
For complete details of the event and entry form please Click Here
Event ENTRY FORM
- Notice of Race – 2014 Australian A Class Championships 2014 Australian A Class Championships
St. Leonards Yacht Club and Motor Squadron
Saturday December 28th 2013 – Friday January 3rd 2014
Australian International A-Division Catamaran Association Inc (AIADCA), in conjunction with St. Leonards Yacht Club and Motor Squadron Inc. invite entries from A-Division Catamaran Sailors to compete in the 2014 Australian International A-Division Catamaran ...
- Notice of Race “MUSTO 2014 Victorian A Class Championships” Elwood Sailing Club
2nd – 4th November 2013
Elwood Sailing Club and the AIADCA as the organising authority, invite entries from
Australian International A Division Catamaran Association to compete in the 2013-2014
Victorian A Class Championships to be conducted by Elwood Sailing Club.
Marine Clothing and Apparel company MUSTO have agreed to sponsor the class for the
Victorian Championships and will ...
- Ready for a Big “Summer of A Class” Now is time to think of the program for this coming summer.
The Victorian Titles will be held over the Melbourne Cup Long Weekend in November 2-4 2013. Elwood Y.C. will host this event.
The Nationals will be held at St. Leonards, Victoria from Dec 28th 2013 to Jan 3rd 2014.
The 2014 Worlds will be held in Auckland N.Z. ...
- 2013 Darwin Nationals all wrapped up Congratulations to Jack Benson who returned home from Europe in time for the first race (although tired and weary).
The racing went down to the 12th race before Jack finally won from Dave Brewer on a count back with 5 wins to 4. Other heat winners were Wayne Mercer, Dave Parker and Graeme Parker. The racing ...